Road2RecoveryCNY helps fund long term, 12 step immersion rehab for adults who meet our criteria. If selected, the candidate receives 90 days of rehab, followed by 90 days in a sober living house. The rehabs we use, Metro Atlanta Recovery Residence, Nova Recovery (Austin, TX area), and Infinite Recovery (Austin, TX), have been carefully vetted and have successful records.
To apply, click on the Get Started button below.
- Applicants must meet our criteria for treatment
- Fill out form (click on “Get Started” button)
- Work with a Navigator for guidance through the qualification process
- Evaluation by our Candidate Selection Board
- Treatment (when selected). 90 days as a residential inpatient, 90 days in a sober living house.
- Family participation requirements
- Participate in “Pay it Forward” program
- Meet criteria:
- Must be a resident of Central New York (Cayuga, Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego or Tompkins County)
- Must have an opiate addiction
- Must have completed or be willing to complete a detoxification program before leaving Central New York.
- Must not have physical or mental conditions requiring care that cannot be provided by our programs.
- Must be free from legal problems that would prevent them from leaving the state.
- Must exhibit readiness for lifestyle change as assessed by the Candidate Selection Board.
- Must be willing to leave the state for a year to complete a recovery program.
- Must have financial need (no/insufficient insurance coverage and lack of personal funds).
- Fill out online form (click on Get Started):
- Work with Navigator (steers candidate through the process):
- Complete a local detox program and enter treatment program or individual counseling.
- Complete face-to-face assessment with one of our addiction specialists.
- Complete a telephone or Skype interview with one of our alumni.
- Treatment (when selected):
- If selected, the candidate receives 90 days of residential inpatient rehab, followed by 90 days in a sober living house. The rehabs that we use, Metro Atlanta Recovery Residence, and Nova Recovery in the Austin, Texas area, have been carefully vetted and have successful records.
Post Rehab Requirements:
- Family participation
- Attend one of R2R’s Family Recovery Programs: The Family Recovery Program is a free, 2 hour program led by parents whose own kids have struggled with addiction. It is held quarterly at the Center of Grace in Manlius. There is plenty of interaction and sharing of experiences while the program covers: understanding addiction, co-dependency, and establishing healthy boundaries. An extensive packet of information is handed out, including articles about addiction, contact information of local treatment centers and support groups, and a suggested reading list.
- Attend at least three Nar-Anon, Al-Anon, or individual therapy sessions.
- Volunteer for R2RCNY within one month of family member completing rehab.
- Make a regular financial donation (commensurate with income) to help fund the next person’s treatment.
- Pay it Forward program (for those who have completed rehab)
- We believe strongly in the 12 step process. The 12th and final step involves helping others: