SELECTION OF RECIPIENTS
Road2Recovery provides financial assistance to individuals 20-28 who meet our criteria for long term addiction treatment (6-12 months) for residents of the following counties: Cayuga, Cortland. Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego and Tompkins.
Our recipients have been successful thus far with BRC Recovery in Austin, Texas. This 12 step program includes a focus on personal/character change, peer support, a long-term stepped recovery program, and established success in participants. Similar programs, such as Nova Recovery in Austin, Texas and The Last Resort in Smithville, Texas will be used as well.
Each applicant will be evaluated for their need for financial support and appropriateness for funding by the Candidate Evaluation Board (CEB). If selected, the CEB will contact the Community Foundation for the transfer of funds directly to the selected treatment program.
To apply, please click on the "Contact Us" button below and we will be in touch.
Criteria for Applicants
- A resident of Central New York (Cayuga, Cortland, Herkimer, Madison, Oneida, Onondaga, Oswego and Tompkins County)
- Established opiate addiction with completion of a detoxification program.
- Appropriate candidate for long-term recovery (based on level of self-motivation, current and past behavior, manageable psychiatric illnesses, family support, no other medical conditions that require specialized care) as assessed either personally or in conversation with the applicant’s addiction specialist.
- Willingness to leave the state to enter a recovery program and to participate in this program for up to a year.
- Established financial need (no or partial insurance coverage that financially prevents long-term recovery care) as assessed either personally or in conversation with the applicants addiction specialist.
CANDIDATE EVALUATION BOARD
The candidate evaluation board consists of community members and health care professionals who are dedicated to helping this population.
Thank you for your support, we can't do it without you. Your donations are vital in supporting our life saving services.
Learn more about our grant recipients and how you can help our with our upcoming fundraisers.
We're here to answer any of your questions on the road to recovery for you or a loved ones. Don't hesitate to get in touch with us.